The Foolish Chicken has hatched!
“The ‘Cheers’ of chicken shacks, where everyone knows your name and they’re always glad you came” – Ottawa Magazine
“Rotisserie chicken, gooey-chewy tender ribs, and great desserts – The Foolish Chicken makes good sense for affordable family dining” – Anne DesBrisay. To view full review, click here.
- Owners – Rick Boland (your host with the most) and Natalie Aucoin (the baker & the brains)
- The Foolish Chicken first opened its doors in June of 2007. It’s located in an charming two storey house on Holland Avenue in the Hintonburg neighbourhood of Ottawa.
- The top floor seats 40 and is available for private functions.
- Accolades – Winner of “More than Just Desserts” award 2009.
- Many gluten-free options. See menu section for more details.
- “Eye-Popping” local art by Alison Flower (www.alicatart.com).
Where did the name Foolish Chicken come from?
Mary, a family friend, has written short stories for her grandchildren for many years. Her stories are all based on ”The Foolish Chicken”, a little chicken who travels the world, experiencing adventures wherever he goes! The name has turned out to be quite appropriate, since opening this restaurant has been nothing short of an adventure…and maybe even a little foolish!!!